Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

HIKING ART

No trip report this time, just a little side update!

I recently obtained a tablet (Birthdays are great and so are loving spouses) I can work on so I can create artwork in a more mobile fashion without needing to lug around my wacom and a big clunky laptop. It has a little less capability, but I can still do art stuff on it, which is all that matters.

I've used a particular side project I started a while ago as a way to integrate myself into the tablet and have been producing some more hiking art. The project, as stated way back when, was to make "postcard" inspired type paintings of hikes that I've been on. I hope to one day more or less catch up to most of my list (locally) and print them out so I can make a "wall" of triumph to hang in our home. Or maybe sell the images for others who do the same. I'll cross that bridge when I finally manage to catch up to my incredible list of completed hikes (Humblebrag snarff snarff).

Since made those first two, I've made several more. With the new tablet, I figure I can make these quicker now, so I wanted to upload the current set as kind of a calendar mark so I can look back, and also so I can see the progression I've made as an artist trying out a slightly new look.

Note, I made most of these with text indicating location meant to be at the top, but I've recently decided I wasn't happy with the look, so for now, it's just the pictures and I'll figure out where to put the location text in later.

Here they are, in order of completion:

Dog Mountain

Indian Point

Dry Creek Falls

Munra Point

Rock of Ages

Silver Star Mountain

Mitchell point

Wallowa mountains, Eagle Cap
 These two were completed on the tablet and I think there is a marketable step up in quality:
Rowena Plateau

Oneonta Gorge
So hopefully I'll have more to share in the coming months since I seem stuck indoors anyway as the storm damage from winter gets cleaned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment