Pages

Saturday, March 4, 2017

A quick hike to Latourell Falls

Finally got back to the good stuff.

The past few weeks have mostly been forest park ramblings with nothing of true note outside my discovery of firelane 6. I actually spent more time in forest park this past week on long walks and had a bad time, because it seems forest park has been slowly infected by hobos living off the trails. I found some cool abandoned roads near Holman lane that were promising explorations, only to turn a corner and find a huge tent. I did this about 5 times.

There aren't many more corners of forest park to explore, but now I'm afraid if I go, I'll just find more hobo evidence. Hobos found all the cool stuff and made nests there.

This weekend though a brief day of decent weather gave us an excuse to get back to the gorge. The gorge is still pretty messed up (Probably will be for months) but some of the closer trails are open and clear. Latourell is one of them. The closest major waterfall hike to Portland and often overlooked because I don't think many people know there is an upper falls. It's a short, easy 2.5 mile loop and the waterfall is always more impressive than I remember it being.



Latourell in it's full 250 ft glory

From early in the trail, clockwise

Upper Latourell

Upper Latourell

The scale is huge

Behind the upper falls

Behind the upper falls

The Gorge

Dilapidated and possibly haunted house near the Latourell trail

Tourism in the 

The Yoga Tree, my favorite tree in the gorge, located on the Latourell trail 

The same tree, photo taken 2 years ago, during spring

Also, I'm cranking these art hike pictures out faster now, so i want to try and upload one with every trip report or close to it. Here is Hardy Ridge!


No comments:

Post a Comment